Monday, April 14, 2008

Poetry in motion

There is something magical about movies. Something that makes us all transcend above our mediocre mundane germanic selves into a phantasmagoric fantasial frenchesque beings. For me movies have always seemed more real than life itself. A good movie has the power to lift your senses to an elevated state of sense and feel. A good communicates in a language it invents for itself. A good movie gives vicarious joy and sense of dreamy elation that can last for days and sometimes that you can carry for a lifetime.



Anyway, the purpose of this blog is an attempt to build a collection of my critical opinions of the movies I watch and exchange view points with the movie loving brethren. I know it is impossible but I try to make the opinion as uninfluenced by extraneous factors (read the hype and hoopla) but yeah it is not an assurance.



Some people say cinema is always a reflection of the lives and the times it has been made in/for. But I hope it is not totally true. Cinema has its real charm when it dramatic, over the top, elevated and a sensual exaggeration without it making us realize it is so. I'm a cinema junkie, someone who can sit and watch a chain of movies back to back except for a leak break till my mind gets diffused with the myriad fusion of sound, lights and action! To Cinema and to all it's lovers :)

No comments: